Thursday, December 3, 2009

If only i could ...



I'ld rather be the Pacific Ocean than the Dead Sea -

the farther i can go, the more i'll see;

I'ld rather be the little fish that swims free -

if i can't be the roaring river or the sighing stream;

Or the humming brook, if the soaring seagull i too can't be -

i'll even settle for the rolling pebble that laughs so free:

Rather than be rooted to the ground, like a big oak tree,

or be trampled underfoot, like a weed or reed or an unwanted wild breed ...

I'ld rather be a pretty butterfly, to flitter and flutter from flower to flower

than to be a busy buzzing bumble bee, to be buzzing busily by, feared for my sting!

1 comment:

  1. i'll like to be all these, if you please,
    but i'd like to say this:
    if given the chance to choose,
    i'll still like to be me...
    with all the love that are showered upon me -
    i'll not want be be anything else, but me!

    ReplyDelete