Saturday, October 8, 2011

I am what I am

I love my life -
'coz you are in it...
i love the simple things in life -
'coz you showed me how...
i love the beauty in nature -
'coz you taught me how...
and i love to drive around the countryside -
coz you love it too...

I've always strived to be what i want to be -
fighting against the odds...
i've always wanted to uphold the truth -
no matter what the cost...
i've always been all all alone -
for trying to not trade in my principles,
for something inferior, something less...
not wanting to throw in the towel -
and give up what i believe is true and right...

Now i believe what i do is just and right -
'coz you believe in me and trust what i'm doing...
now i know i can be what i am - and need not conform -
'coz you've always loved me for what i am, not what i should be...

No comments:

Post a Comment