Friday, July 24, 2009

Savouring every moment in time


If i were to be asked
what life means to be 56 -
i'll have a lot to say,
and to say them with a smile ...
It's not so much of what's achieved
in five-and-a-half decades plus one,
but more of what's yet to be done
before i could call it a day - DONE!
It's the thought of things put off
the things not done, and those half-done,
those incomplete, and those yet to be completed
that drives me on:
A day longer, a week more -
a month, a year ... more ...?
it's the fear of not having enough time
to do all the things i wish to do
that hastens me on ...
Thus, i'll not put off anything any longer
but to savour every minute of every day
to do the things that i wish to do
to live out my hopes and my dreams
Just in case God says:
Your days are numbered ... Hurry on!
or, Your time has come: move on ...
and i am not allowed to say:
"B..but my heart must go on ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment