Friday, July 24, 2009

Hurt


Sometimes i feel sad - really, truly, sad
for no reason - and that's bad
oft times i feel bad - wholly, unforgivably, bad
for one reason - i'd been a cad ...
Sometimes i make friends feel glad
for one reason - i put on an act
oft times i make them sad
for saying things that are bad - it's a fact
Many a time have i my friends' feelings hurt
by the thoughtless things that i'd blurt
oft times have i wished that i hadn't said what i had,
but i had - and can't take them back ...
Many a time have i realised friends are hurt
but never known i'ld myself be so hurt
many a time, without my knowledge i'd others' feeling hurt
but none is to know either, how i myself am hurt ...
Others may see the knives i twist in their hearts,
but none will know the knives they'd thrust into my heart
others may see that i have flaws and i hurt
but none will notice that their eyes are also not free from dirt ...
Many a time have i reached out to ease a pain, a hurt,
but never can i reach to ease my own pains, my own hurts
many a time have i wanted a friend's comfort,
but each time, i had to, in my own solace, find comfort ...
Many a time have i tried to do without the friend, the hurt,
but each time i am to myself not firm, not curt;
many a time have i hoped for a sign, a word,
but each time he's so casual, so curt, that it hurts ...
Many a time have i wanted my pride to drown, my feelings to blurt,
but each time i'ld feel, in his eyes, i'll be like dirt, or a flirt ...?

No comments:

Post a Comment