Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Calling

I have this urge to lend a helping hand -
And lately the urge is getting ever stronger...
I would like to bring joy to the less fortunate, 
the old, the homeless, the needy and the sick...
And bring some cheer to innocent young hearts -
So that they may rejoice in the joy of being loved...

For I can imagine how really, really lonely life can get -
When one is old and sick and penniless and alone...
And I can understand how one must have wished at one point or other -
That someone would show a little kindness and care...
And I feel that life is too short and time too precious - 
To just while away - waiting for things to happen...

Waiting for others to make that first starting move -
Waiting for that one fine day to come rolling by...

No comments:

Post a Comment