Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Day to Remember

You have given me a day to remember –
For the rest of my life,
You have done what others have not –
In making me feel so well-loved, so special, so good
That I feel my heart swell with a love so intense -
That I have to keep the tears from falling down…

For you have done what no one has ever done –
Nor ever could have done, to make me feel good,
You have done countless thoughtful little things –
That no one could have even thought of doing, for me…
You have shown me how selfless one can be –
To be able to put all others’ welfare before one's own…

I know that you really love me, really, truly so –
For your actions tell me so, and your words assure me so…
I know now that you are steadfast and true –
And that no one can be more gallant than you, it’s true…
I know that I’m the luckiest girl alive - for being the one you love –
And I hope that it will always stay that way – I really, truly hope so…

No comments:

Post a Comment