Friday, June 3, 2011

"All kinds of everything"

I saw lovely roses all along the way -
they remind me of you and your roses, so lovely...
i saw lovers in the park, in lobbies and walkways -
they remind me of you and your love, too...

I look up at deeper blue skies, with no clouds -
it reminds me of white clouds sailing in clear blue skies...
i see maple trees and coniferous forests flashing by -
they remind me of our chengal and meranti in equitorial jungles...

I look at people with happy smiling faces all around me -
they remind me of my own friends - are they smiling, too...?
i take a deep breath of the crisp morning air -
isn't this what i do back home in Malaysia, too...?

As i walk down stairways and plod down corridors -
i'll be thinking: isn't this what i do back home, too...?
i take a sip of my morning black coffee without sugar -
and was straining my ears to hear the familiar: kopi-O kosong...

"All kinds of everything - reminds me of you":
your wonderful ways, your familiar looks, your smiling faces...
and i can't say i don't miss you, my homeland -
coz i really, truly, do miss you a great, great, deal...

No comments:

Post a Comment