Monday, June 13, 2011

"I cried a tear or two"

There were times when i cried a tear, or two -
and it was just for you... that little tear or two...
there were times when i had them all flowing swiftly -
and they were all tears for you, too...

For it pains me to remember your smile -
without wanting to cry a little tear for you...
it hurts me to know you aren't yourself lately -
though i know why, and that's the reason i cry, for you...

And when i hear our favourite song on the radio -
i'll be thinking of you, singing those sad, sad lines alone...
for though you smiled and said you'll manage without me -
i know... the smile says it all: you won't, and you can't...

And i know, for every tear that i shed, you suffer more -
for you love me deeply, i know... and i can feel it - i know...

No comments:

Post a Comment