Saturday, June 18, 2011

Life is not only "a bed of roses..."

Finally it dawned on me -
that the facts of life cannot be denied:
for life can never be only a bed of roses -
without the thorns;
or a herd of huge beefy bisons -
without their horns...

So is it, and so be it, with my life -
since that is the fact of life:
i've got my share of happiness, my joyful moments -
but i've got to walk down the thorny paths, as well...
i've got my fair share of pain and suffering -
as well as the joy of loving and giving - living...

I've always been thankful for my good fortune -
and taken mishaps and misfortune in my stride, too...
i've always accepted what Destiny has in store for me -
with the great hope that i won't just be picking rose petals...
scattered by the wind and trampled underfoot in the gloom -
that one day all the promising rose buds would be in full bloom...

And i'll sit and wait patiently -
for this rosy dream to come true...

No comments:

Post a Comment