Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Birthday - to a loving sister

I'd like to wish you -
a very happy birthday,
and though i'm not there -
to say it and sing it for you,
or to taste your birthday cake -
in thought, i'm always near...

for when i think of home -
i'll be thinking of all of you:
mum, dad, and all my six sisters,
and secretly i know,
that it is i that you love -
a wee little bit more,
it is i who is your favourite -
since those days of long ago...

I remember that photo of me and you:
i was carrying chubby you in my arms
and it has always been like that:
you were the cry baby of the family,
though you were not the youngest;
you even wanted to follow me on my dates!

I've always treated you like that loving sister -
always wanted you to grow up and be matured;
i've always tried to tell you to do things right -
and feel proud when you do so...

I've never been angry with my family members -
especially when we all grow up together,
under the same roof, doing the same things -
eating the same fried tenggiri with kicap...

So, though i had to leave home first -
'Banished' from my beloved home and sea,
i still have them all fresh in my mind,
and my heart is always there with all of you...

No comments:

Post a Comment