Saturday, April 9, 2011

"I can't live - if living is without you"

Dear Friend,
I have a Dear Friend letter to write to you -
but i feel sad that i can't send it to you...
for knowing that you've cared -
and that you've loved me all along
makes it hard not to care,
and not to love you,too...

For i just can't go on living -
if living is without you there...
and i can't go on pretending -
that you don't exist, ever at all...
and that i care not if you were there -
or if you were never there...

For i just can't do it anymore -
i can't live, pretending that i don't care...
For i just can't go on giving -
no, not even a smile, a wee little smile...
if you are not there to see it -
if you are not there to receive it...

And i just can't go on any more -
pretending to be happy, when i'm not...
pretending to be having a great time -
when all i wanna do is have a good cry...
i just can't go on any more, dear friend -
i just can't live, and i just can't give any more...

So, help me God, show me the way -
for i can't help myself any more...

No comments:

Post a Comment