Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Teaching Little Angels





Lately I've started counting the days -
'coz they are numbered...
and as each day draws a little nearer -
my heart feels elated, yet disappointed...

For i've been dealing with young angels -
trained to teach them the way of life...
taught myself to be more disciplined, as best i could -
that i may lead through example, as best i could...

I've enjoyed your young company -
and hope that you like mine, too...
i've laughed at your pranks, your jokes -
and tried to make you laugh at mine, too...

I've tried my best to keep my pledge -
to be both mother and friend,
not just your teacher, forever -
whenever you need help,
or someone to call 'friend' -
whenever you're sad, or sorry,
i'll be there, waiting to guide you -
waiting to hold your trusting hand...

I hope i'll never have to let you down -
and i do hope to be able to do much, much, more...
for your eager faces tell me you want to learn more -
much, much, more... each and every day that i see you...

No comments:

Post a Comment