Friday, April 15, 2011

It is the sea that i always see






When i feel blue - or when my heart wants to sing -
i'll be there where the air is crisp and fresh,
where tall palms wave their pretty fronds at me,
and swaying casuarinas, with arms that beckon to me...

When i need to think - about the happenings of the day -
or to muse over life, and how one's life is full of surprises,
when i need to nurse my wounds or think of a friend, or two -
that is where i'll be: walking barefoot on the beach...

So, whether it's all in the mind -
or whether i'm really leaving my footprints there,
it matters not to me:
for i still see everything clearly in my mind...

For i've always been there, when i was in trouble -
or when i was carefree and young...
So, why shouldn't i be there, in times of need -
be it when i was seventeen, or now that i'm fifty-seven...?

For it's the same sunrise and the same shimmers -
dancing and frolicking on the waves, so bright,
it's the same beautiful day -
with white clouds sailing calmly by...
it's the same empty seat -
and the same lonely echo,
of my lonely feet, i know -
that leaves a lonely pair of footsteps in the sand...

No comments:

Post a Comment