Thursday, April 14, 2011

Today is yet another beautiful day





Today i saw the most beautiful of God's creations:
a beautiful sunrise, and a cloud with a golden lining!
but, alas, like that beautiful day at that beautiful lake -
i could not capture it for others - except for myself...

For God showed the moment of truth at a time when i am confused -
God is there to show me how beautiful life can really be...
and i am made to choose the right path - if there is one -
that i am supposed to take in whatever's left of my life...

I know - i've always been told -
that it is selfish to be self-centred;
i know that i know, deep down -
that whatever i have to do is not for me alone,
but for others - it has always been that way -
my life is not my own alone - it belongs to others, too...

So, i'll take life one day at a time -
and not torture others by being unkind...?
i'll fold my wings and perch on the quay, and just watch -
as the world goes by... and then fly home to my nest,
to take my rest - so others will worry not -
that i had strayed,
and been betrayed,
or beaten, by the storm that raged...

No comments:

Post a Comment