Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What life is

I would say that life is very sweet - at 57,
not that i have the world at my feet - far from it!
not that i care if the world is not at my feet - no need,
for having a few close friends who care, and one heart that loves -
is enough for simple-minded me to feel on top of the world - at 57!
is more than enough to fill my waking hours with pleasure,
and my sleeping hours with the sweetest of dreams...
thanks to friends and loved ones, thanks to all the pampering received...

I've always thought that i would not want to be far from home -
but little did i realise that love conquers all - me, too...
for i know that i'll sail to the ends of the earth - with you -
i'll gladly do without all the worldly pleasures - just to be with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment