Friday, February 25, 2011

On Beautiful Mornings

This is where i'll be:
in my garden, smelling the sweet roses,
surrounded by lovely soft blue plumbagos
and scarlet azeleas in full bloom...
and admiring the majestic orchids -
while listening to the cocks crowing,
and the birds chirping about breakfast...
and other peaceful signs of life -
like my fountains gurgling,
my windchimes jingling in the gentle breeze...

Oh on beautiful mornings like this:
i live life to the fullest,
thoughts of friends are the closest...
and i love the warm sunshine
caressing my face...

So on beautiful mornings like this:
though i am miles away from home -
and the South China Sea still beckons,
i am at peace with the world
thoughts of long deserted beaches
tall, whispering casuarinas,
and swaying coconut trees
fill all my senses with the knowledge
that i am free and alive
and that i live with love around me
and that of all God's creatures around me
i love you most...

No comments:

Post a Comment