Thursday, February 24, 2011

Telling Myself What I Already Know

Oh i tell myself i should not do it -
if it's going to hurt someone;
i've told myself a thousand times over
yet, i feel, i would still do it...

For what is going to hurt someone -
is the very elixir of life for another
and if i were to stop what i'd decided to do
then it's just like killing a mocking bird in my hand...

For it is only natural to seek happiness -
and it is also natural to want to give joy;
and to help a friend rise above his misery
is to help myself rise above pettiness and pain...

So, i've made up my mind to do it just right -
for the joy that i give is also a joy that i reap...
So, God forgive me if i am wrong, or have erred
in thinking that it is just Destiny's game, for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment